PROPERTY DESCRIPTION | Click Here for more information
Villa Thalia is perfectly located, in the centre of the heart of Lake Como, the epicenter of the area. The villa is roughly 45 minutes from Malpensa airport (Milan) or Agno in Lugano. The property is located in an extremely strategic position allows guests to use all means of public transportation with ease and meander around Como on foot. On the water yet only a 5-minute lakeside stroll from Como’s central piazza, Villa Thalia is one of Lake Como’s most unique and historic Luxury Villas.
HIGHLIGHTS & VILLA LAYOUT
Main Villa, Ground Floor:
- Main Entrance
- 1,000 sq. ft Gym
- Large Cantina
- Game Room & Wine Cellar
Main Villa, First Floor Sleeps 2 people:
- Main Living room 700 sq. feet with original fresco & mosaic floor
- Living Room – original fresco & mosaic floor
- Dining Room – renovated fresco & mosaic floor
- Casual Dining Room – original fresco
- Bedroom 1: Guest bedroom (twin or double) full bathroom with shower
Main Villa, Second Floor – Sleeps 10 people:
- Bedroom 2: Master Suite, Queen double bed with Bathroom (shower and bathtub) 1100 sq. ft
- Bedroom 3: Guest Suite, Queen double bed with Bathroom (bathtub)
- Bedroom 4: Guest Suite, Queen double bed with Bathroom (bathtub)
- Bedroom 5: Children’s Suite, Queen double bed with bathroom with shower 800 sq. ft
- Bedroom 6: Guest Bedroom, French size bed
- Full Laundry (washer and dryer)
Main Villa, 3th Floor (Roof Top) – Sleeps 4 people:
- Bedroom 7: Queen double bed, separate bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8: Queen double bed, separate bathroom with shower
- Lakeside Garden (70 yards long by 20 yards wide)
- Swimming Pool
- 5 Stair steps descend from the backyard into the boathouse and the lake
- Gated Property
Main Villa, Ground Floor:
On the water yet only a 5-minute lakeside stroll from Como’s central piazza, Villa Thalia is one of Lake Como’s most unique and historic Luxury Villas. Entrance into the property is off of the main coastal road, through a large, electric gate controlled by a surveillance camera. The parking area is ample and there is also a 3 car, covered garage. Entrance into the main villa is into a large marble foyer with a beautiful, wrap-around marble staircase, and large chandelier hanging from a 40-foot hand-painted fresco ceiling. The rear end of the foyer enters into a space which leads to a gym and workout area equipped with parquet floor, yoga balls and mats, free weights, elliptical machine, stationary bike, & a full bathroom with shower.
Main Villa, First Floor:
18 marble steps up from the main foyer leads to the first floor where the main living room is located. The living room boasts marble floors, high ceilings, antique furniture, a large chandelier, and direct access out onto the back garden, giving views out onto the lake.The back garden also has a gate which leads out onto a lake front boardwalk. To left of living room is formal dining room with a long rectangular dining table for 10 and to the right of the living room is a sitting & tea room with a marble fireplace, couches & chairs, and large 85’ flat screen, DVD, and views out onto the back garden. The first floor also holds a 2-room kitchen – the first is an informal dining & breakfast room with a dining table for 8 and beautiful cabinetry which originate from an Italian delicatessen. The kitchen, which is an extension of the dining room, is a modern space with a 6-range stovetop, a convection oven, a large refrigerator/freezer, blender, microwave, and espresso machine. The kitchen looks out over the main entrance of the villa. The first floor is completed by a twin bedroom with an external Half-Bath. There is also a fully functioning, 8-person modern elevator taking guests between all bedroom floors.
Main Villa, Second floor:
The second floor is found up a flight of 30 marble steps from the first. The second-floor hosts 5 bedrooms. The first is a large double with parquet floors and an En-suite bathroom with bathtub. The second is a large double with parquet floors and a marble En-suite bathroom with shower box. The third is the master suite with a queen-size bed and parquet floors and an enormous En-suite, fully marble bathroom with separate bathtub and shower facilities and a double marble sink. The fourth bedroom is a pink queen double with parquet floors looking out over back garden and the fifth is a pink French double as well, best for young adults or children as per the style of furniture. The 4th and 5th bedrooms share a bathroom with a large shower and double sink.
Main Villa, Third floor:
Two beautiful Guest Suites with queen double bed on the top floor of the villa each with a separate bathroom and gorgeous hardwood floors.
Note: New frescoes have been added in several bedrooms by a local artist. The main villa enjoys central air conditioning, an 8-person elevator, a video-conference room, and on-site staff in separate quarters on the property.
Garden’s back gate opens onto the famous “Passeggiata Villa Olmo” on the water. The lakeside garden is approximately 70 yards long by 20 yards wide. Please note that 5 Stairsteps descend from the backyard into our boathouse and the lake and the entire garden is surrounded by stone walls and hedges 10 ft in height for optimal privacy.
Access & Parking:
Easy access from the main road. The villa has a private parking area within the entrance gate with space for up to 3 cars.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Pool Lakeside
- Central Air Conditioning
- 8-person elevator serves all 3 floors (Main Villa)
- 1,000 sq. ft Gym – yoga / dance / cardio / weight studio
- Large Cantina
- Game Room & Wine Cellar
- Video Conference room
- Staff on property in a separate residence
- 8-person elevator serves all 4 floors
- Clothing dryer
- Coffee maker
- TV, DVD player
- Toaster oven
- Washing machine & dryer
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE (STAFF SERVICE)
- All utilities
- Pool caretaker & groundkeeper
- Linen change 2 x week
- Daily continental breakfast (self-catering from8am to 11am) include: milk, coffee, tea, orange juice, yogurt, cereals, toast, jam, Nutella, butter, croissants.
- 2 maids (each working 5 hrs/day 9 AM – 5 PM)
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE, ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES (TO BE PAID IN EUROS DIRECT ON THE PREMISES) AND AVAILABLE ON REQUEST, IF DESIRED
- City tax to be paid in cash at check-in
- Grocery service/villa pre-stocking to be paid cash + cost of food
- Personal Chef / Waiter service / Cooking class
- American cooked breakfast (sausages, bacon, egg)
- Extra cleaning service
- Laundry/ironing service
- Maximum 16 Guests
- Check in time: 3.30pm to 6.30pm
- Check out time: before 10am
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Children welcome
- City tax of per person per night to be paid cash on site upon arrival
- Security deposit to be paid cash on site
- Guests must provide a Food and Beverage list (incl. wine, etc.) to the cook before their arrival so that the cook can insure the kitchen and bar service as soon as the guests arrive
- Allergies to certain food must be very clearly mentioned well in advance before food purchase
- All detailed accounting of the food and beverage expenses will be given to the guests at their arrival and follow up for these expenses will be done at the end of each week
- Copy of passport and permanent home address of each guests to be provided prior to check in.
- Only authorized staff and personnel are permitted to be onsite. This includes but is not limited to chefs, cooks, housekeepers etc. Talk to you Villa Specialist today for more details.
- Villa Thalia can be rented either with 8 rooms of the Main Villa (minimum 16 people) or up to with 13 rooms (max capacity 26 guests). Villa Thalia consists of: one Historic Luxury Villas and two independent small Apartment (Guest House 1 and Guest House 2) that can be rented separately or together for large groups, events, or maximum privacy. Prices and surface area change according to the number of people, additional and variable costs apply.
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST (ADVANCE NOTICE MAY BE REQUIRED)
Note: The following services can also be arranged, on request, if not already included in the cost of the rental. Additional services such as airport transfers, excursions, cooking classes, guided tours, and the like can be arranged. Please enquire about the vast tour options we can suggest for your villa stay. Costs for additional services can be quoted based on the service requested.
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef / Cooking class
- Boat tour
LOCATION AND DISTANCE
- Closest airport is Malpensa – 45 minutes from the property
- Como is a short walk from the property
- Tennis courts are a 5 minute walk – Tennis Como
- Golf course is a 20 minute drive from the property at Monticello / villa d’este
- Nearest grocery store is an 8 minute walk in Carrefour
- Train station is a 15 minute walk