PROPERTY DESCRIPTION | Click Here for more information
The Villa Pantea complex and its 18-acre gardens are available for families and groups and is rented as a whole. The complex offers 18 luxurious bedrooms within four large apartments in the main villa plus three additional standalone villas, which in aggregate can accommodate up to 40 guests. The accommodations range from one to four bedrooms and 205m² (2,206sq-ft) to 377m² (4,057sq-ft) in size.
Lake Como, Italy has long seduced visitors with its natural beauty and dramatic vistas of the southern Italian Alps. As a destination of choice for European aristocrats and today’s glitterati, Lake Como remains the epitome of a glamorous vacation destination. The Villa is located in the town of Torno, surrounded by peaceful views of Lake Como’s natural beauty, lush gardens, idyllic small towns, and delimited by waterfalls to the east and west.
HIGHLIGHTS & VILLA LAYOUT
- Suite A. 3 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen,
- Suite V. 4 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen
- Suite B. 2 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, living room, kitchen
- Suite W.1 Bedroom, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen
- Garden & Loggia (60m2)
- 2 large ball rooms
- dining room
- billiard room
- 4 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, fireplace, laundry room
- 1 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, living room, fireplace room, kitchen
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, living room
Villa Pantea is a stunning 16th century palazzo located in the village of Torno and set on an 18-acre private estate on the right banks of the famed Lake Como. Exuding Italian charm and romance, Villa Pantea is the premier luxury residence in Lake Como. The Villa was recently restored and brought up to the highest contemporary standards, while maintaining the charm and historical details of the original design. The layout has been done in collaboration with a world-renowned designer to add a contemporary feel to Villa Pantea outstanding 16th century art and architecture.
Full historical restoration of the existing buildings was recently completed and the Villa was brought up to the highest contemporary standards while maintaining the charm and historical details of the original design. Of particular note are the elaborate Venetian terrazzo-style floor designs and the painted wooden ceilings in the two main ballrooms. The villas are exquisitely decorated and 21st century comforts mixed seamlessly with the timeless frescoes, boisieries, terrazzo floorings and fireplaces. A highlight of the Villa is the piano where Gioachino Rossini wrote the Opera Tancredi in 1813, which still rests at the same spot where he once sat, but is now lovingly renovated.
The Villa’s site is first mentioned by Pliny the Elder in the first century A.D., which is what gave it its name. Since then, many naturalists and scholars have written about the very particular Pliniana wellspring, including Leonardo da Vinci. Villa Pantea’s land was originally selected and built on by an Italian Count in 1573. The heirs of Count sold the Villa to the Borromeo court in 1590. Later, an Italian noble family became the owner of Villa Pantea in 1676, the Villa reached its maximum splendor. Over the centuries, the Villa has been visited by many artists, scientists and monarchs, such Lord Byron and Napoleon, widely loved for its beautiful panorama.
WEDDING & EVENTS
The two large ballrooms of the Villa are equipped to host events up to 200 guests. The picturesque waterfront gardens can accommodate up to 500 guests for large weddings and events. Two large meeting rooms, dining room, a kitchen fully equipped for private catering services, a reception hall and a billiard room round out the multi-function space. In addition, the Estate has a covered heated pool, spa, Turkish bath, Scottish showers, sauna, a heliport, ample parking and a large jetty. Each of the villas in the Villa Pantea complex boasts lake views and is equipped with the state-of-the-art technology.
Access & Parking:
Access by car all the way to the Villa is by a private road connecting to the main road. Indoor and outdoor parking available.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Billiard room
- Two large ballrooms
- Spa sauna, steam bath, emotional showers, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, solarium
- a multimedia meeting room
- a panoramic view point more than 100 yards above lake level
- Indoor parking
- Helicopter landing pad
- Large boat dock
- Two large waterfalls in the estate plus the historic Pantea water source right in the center of the villa
- Excursions within our large private estate, including hiking trails
- Fully equipped banquet kitchen
- Kitchens in all apartments
- Living room
- Custom robes and towels by D. Porthault
- Ex Voto Paris bath amenities
- technology, including complimentary Wi-Fi, telephones, flat screen satellite TV and blue-tooth music systems
- Air Conditioning and heating
- Spa Sauna, Steam bath, emotional showers, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, solarium
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE (STAFF SERVICE):
- Daily breakfast
- Wireless broadband internet throughout the villaConcierge
- Access to ballrooms for meeting spaces
- Private gardens and terraces ideal for walks
- Spa and Swimming Pool
- Use of private helipad of villa grounds
- Full air-conditioning
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE AND ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES (TO BE PAID IN EUROS DIRECT ON THE PREMISES):
- City tax (€ 5 per day per person to be paid cash on site)
- Chef Service
- Vat 10%
- The bedrooms are available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival and have to be released before 11.00am on departure.
LOCATION AND DISTANCE:
The Villa is 8 km (5 miles) from the center of Como, just a short 10-minute drive; and approximately 60 minutes from both Milano-Malpensa airport or from the center of Milan. A professional jetty assures the safe mooring of boats and custom-made Riva transfers. A heli-pad allows easy connection to Milan, and main airports.