PROPERTY DESCRIPTION | Click Here for more information
Villa Fontenova is a restored 18th-century Tuscan villa on the western slope of Mount Albano, approximately 250 meters above sea level. It features a private swimming pool, a private garden, air conditioning, winter heating and WI-FI Internet access, antique-filled interior that make it the ideal accommodation for a family or group of up to 14 people. The villa is located in an area called the Valdinevole, as yet unruined by mass tourism, and presenting all the characteristic natural and artistic aspects of the Tuscan countryside. The villa is most strategically placed: away from the chaos of the cities but with easy access to Tuscan “musts”. In fact, 95% of the symbolic Tuscan landmarks can be reached within an hour and a half by car.
Montecatini Terme (5km.) is 50 mins. to Pisa and 50 mins. to Florence by train. Monsummano Terme (2km.) is the nearest town and has 15.000 inhabitants and all necessary facilities etc. Within a range of 15/20 mins. by car there are many places of interest to visit – the Giusti Grottos with their hot thermal baths, the Monsummano caves, the Pistoia hills and mountains (skiing in the Winter), the Svizzera Pesciatina, innumerable Romanic churches, the Fucecchio swamplands (of great interest for the local flora and fauna).
To stay at Villa Fontenova you will need a car. You will be able to park it on the premises, inside the entrance gate. Please note that access is along an 800-meter (half-a-mile) unpaved road. This villa can also be booked together with Villa Matilde, which is located only 100 meters away, for a total capacity of 30 guests. Moreover, this property is ideal for hosting private parties and weddings. Separate from the villa, but on the property is another villa. Not to worry though, Villa Fontenova will still allow you to maintain your privacy.
Villa Fontenova is a typical historical Tuscan villa with exclusive swimming pool. This independent villa, built in the second half of the 18th century, is the centre of a property of over 18 acres of woods and olive groves. It is on the last western slopes of Mount Albano, approximately 250mt. above sea level. Originally it was composed of two farmhouses which have been joined together (maintaining however a certain independence if required).
The owners have carried out an accurate and rigorous renovation using only materials recovered from the surrounding area and period while ensuring a structure, which respects the norms of bio-architecture. The living areas have been renovated with a careful eye for details – antique furniture and ornaments, antique doors, prints, paintings and Persian carpets. The villa (500 sq. m.) has 2 floors + a mezzanine floor. All the rooms have mosquito nets and are air-conditioned.
Dining room for 8 people, lounge room with antique fireplace, 2 sofas and 1 double sofa bed, card table with 4 chairs, well equipped kitchen with table for 6, 2 bathrooms with Jacuzzi shower, main kitchen with table for 8, fireplace and pizza oven, lounge room with two sofas and double faced fireplace leading into lounge/dining room with table for 16, TV room with sofa-bed for 2 and armchair. Billiard room with 2 armchairs and table, laundry.
In the first dining room you will find an open mezzanine level, without door. You will be able to access it from the climbing 12 steps. The furnishings of the mezzanine include a desk. Here you will find two twin beds (80 cm/32 inches). The ceiling is sloped and has characteristic exposed wood beams and terraccotta tiles. The mezzanine has a window with a view of the greenery and of the hills.
Cradled among spectacular views of the mountains, Villa Fontenova is an exceptional 7-bedroom stone villa that embodies genuine Tuscan flavor. The property presents a picturesque location for a family gathering or special occasion, and is outfitted with the modern comforts you require for a relaxing holiday. Two staircases (16 and 13 stairs) lead to the first and upper floor that has: Four double bedrooms with king-size bed, 4 En-suite bathrooms with Jacuzzi hydro-massage bath and shower, 1 Triple bedroom with 3 single beds, 1 bedroom with single bed and a private bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower. Very complete, well equipped, clean and with the entire needed amenities villa that conserves perfectly the traditional Tuscan style. It is adapted to 2, 3 or even 4 families or a big group of friends who want to spend a wonderful holiday on the green and famous Tuscan countryside in an area famous for its thermal water (Montecatini Terme) and near the highway that reaches Florence with Lucca and Pisa. The property can only be booked from Saturday to Saturday (exceptions in low season where the minimum stay is 3 nights).
The swimming pool is 6 meters (20 feet) large by 12 meters (39 feet) long, 1.3 meters (4.3 feet) deep. It has a whirlpool corner and has a counter-current swimming machine. The swimming pool area is equipped with a table, chairs, sun umbrellas and sun loungers. By the pool you will also find a bathroom which is equipped with a washbasin, a toilet and a shower. From the swimming pool you will enjoy a broad view of the valley. The pool is open from mid-April until mid-October. The garden is 2000 square meters (21500 square feet) large. It is partly shaded by olive trees and by gazebos. It is equipped with a table and chairs. Here you will also find a barbecue.
Access & Parking
To stay at Villa Fontenova you will need a car. You will be able to park it on the premises, inside the entrance gate. Please note that access is along an 800-meter (half-a-mile) unpaved road.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioning throughout the house
- TV 32″ LCD with satellite
- Dishwashers / Washing Machine
- Private Swimming-pool
- Mosquito nets
- 3 working fireplaces
- Clothes dryer
- Irons and ironing tables
- Microwave oven
- Coffee machines
- Side by side refrigerator with ice machine
- Wall safe
- Billiard room with 6 holes
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE (STAFF SERVICE)
- Utility: water, gas and electricity (excluded air-conditioning)
- Welcome basket (Light arrival dinner and Italian breakfast for the first morning only)
- Maid service: 1 maid, 3 hours cleaning once a week (Wed)
- Linen change midweek
- Linens, towels;
- Internet connection Wi-Fi
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE, ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES (TO BE PAID IN EUROS DIRECT ON THE PREMISES) AND AVAILABLE ON REQUEST, IF DESIRED
- Tourist tax
- Final cleaning: Euro 300 mandatory cash on site
- Air conditioning consumption AC: 0.40 per kW
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Personal Chef / Waiter service / Cooking class / American, Italian breakfast
- Extra cleaning service
- Laundry/ironing service
- Heating consumption
HIGHLIGHTS & VILLA LAYOUT
- Dining room
- Lounge room with antique fireplace
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
- Main kitchen with fireplace and pizza oven
- Lounge room
- Lounge/Dining room with table for 16
- TV room
- Billiard room
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
- Laundry room
First floor: (16 and 13 stairs)
- Bedroom 1: with king-size bed and bathroom with Jacuzzi hydro massage bath and shower, walk-in wardrobe, antique chest, chest of drawers, two armchairs with small table
- Bedroom 2: with king-size bed and En-suite with Jacuzzi shower, walk-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3: with king-size bed and En-suite with Jacuzzi shower, wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4: with king-size bed, wardrobe, 1 chests of drawers, En-suite with Jacuzzi shower; balcony reached by a spiral staircase with single bed.
- Bedroom 5: triple bedroom with 3 single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 6: with single bed, built-in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bathroom: with Jacuzzi bath and shower
- Bedroom 7: 2 single beds (bed-heads in 18th wrought iron), Piedmont wardrobe (C 19th), C 19th Tuscan bedside table, English desk (C 19th) and C 18th Tuscan chest-of-drawers, shared bathroom is downstairs.
- Private pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill