PROPERTY DESCRIPTION | Click Here for more information
The villa was built on Roman ruins in a panoramic position high on the cliff, on the commission of rich ship owners who transported their prestigious local products throughout the whole of the Mediterranean. The villa, a formal status symbol, was beautifully decorated with hand painted tiles, stucco and fresco paintings all created by local craftsman, keeping the secrets of the artisan traditions which have helped to develop the Amalfi Coast over the centuries. The villa has continued its pristine preservation throughout the years and thanks to its recent renovations, the original style and details continue to shine. Today, Villa Eva offers beautiful antique furniture and paintings without compromising the important modern comforts. Falling in love with this magical property is guaranteed!
Garden Level – Common space with living areas and kitchen:
A staircase leads to the principal entrance of the garden level, while the property can also be accessed from a garden full of bougainvillea, with almond, olive, lemon and mandarin trees which the property staff uses to make natural juices and homemade marmalades that you will enjoy for breakfast. The expansive main terrace runs the length of the villa and is set with both dining and living areas, seating 16 at each, under the lovely pergola. Panoramic views of Positano looking west towards Capri abound. The terrace boats huge antique urns, once used for oil, that are now filled with flowers and plants. Double doors open from the terrace to the dining/kitchen area and the main living room. There is also an adjacent terrace with an infinity-edge pool with sun beds and an outdoor shower. As the outdoor shower boasts hot water too, guests can bathe on the terrace for convenience after enjoying the pool. A double-sized, vaulted dining area that opens to the kitchen enjoys antique wood dining tables that seats up to 16 people for family-style dining with comfortable upholstered chairs. This entire area opens out to the terrace as well. The large, partially open kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, double ovens, a microwave, a large refrigerator/freezer, double sinks, and lots of professional appliances. There is a wood oven for making pizza, cooking fish & meats, or baking fresh bread. The large, double living room can be reached directly from the main dining room or from the terrace. It boasts an entertainment center with a 55’’plasma Sat-TV, three seating areas, and a set of double doors that open to the main, outdoor terrace for seamless indoor/outdoor living. There is a library with a variety of books in a variety of languages, a work desk with integrated office services (scanner, fax, and photocopier, all functioning via Wi-Fi), an iPad for guests’ use, and an iPod with a Bluetooth enabled portable Bose stereo. The Garden level also enjoys two guest bathrooms. Note: The garden level also enjoys an independent access to a gate that leads to a private path to Villa Vignus*, situated 100 meters away and making both properties a perfect rental for a large party.
Upper Level – 4 Suites:
Four big suites each boast a private bath boasting antique Neapolitan ceramic mosaics dating back to the 1700’s and the comforts of a luxury villa. A main stairwell opens to a common terrace that runs the length of the house, to which all bedrooms enjoy access
- Capri Suite – Double bedroom. Double doors open onto the large communal balcony; coffee table and chairs for relaxing al fresco. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Ravello Suite – Double bedroom through a set of double doors from the communal terrace. West-facing standing balcony overlooks Positano. Large seating area. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Positano Suite – Double bedroom. Doors lead to the communal terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Praiano Suite – Double bedroom reached through a set of French doors from the communal terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
Lower Level – 4 Suites:
This Level is accessible by a set of steps or from the main stairwell which leads to a landing with a guest bathroom. The level opens to a common terrace running the length of the house and offering direct access to all of the bedrooms. A set of stairs leads to the pool area above.
- Napoli Suite – Double bedroom with doors opening onto a shaded, communal terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Pompeii Suite – Double bedroom accessible through a set of double doors from a shaded, communal terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Sorrento Suite – Double bedroom with access to a set of double doors to a terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Amalfi Suite – Double bedroom accessible from a shared terrace via a set of double doors. En-suite bathroom with shower box.
- Swimming Pool (4.5m wide x 8.5m long x 1.3m deep)
- Wi-Fi throughout
- 55’’ Satellite TV in the living room
- Sound System/Ipod dock (internal/external)
- PC Workstation/Ipad
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wireless Printer
- All the utilities (electricity, water, heating gas, firewood, conditioning, final cleaning)
- Maid service (8.00 – 16.00)
- Change of linen/bath towels
- Cook service (8 hours/day)
- Concierge service (8 hours/day)
- Porter service (Mon-Sat 8.00 – 18.00)
- Continental breakfast
- Hermes courtesy kit
- Internet Wi – Fi
- Garden & Pool maintenance
- Parking (EUR 35/day with valet service)
- Food allowance (for meals prepared in villa): EUR 3 000 in cash upon arrival
- A damage deposit of € 10,000 is required with a CC as a guarantee