PROPERTY DESCRIPTION | Click Here for more information
The countryside road leading to the villa is lined with olive groves on both sides of the road. Once you pass the gate, you are welcomed by a vast open lawn surrounding this traditional country farm house. The building is made of ancient stones and lies in the heart of the estate, which extends over 2 floors. In 1000 A.D., the villa complex was a cloister on the “Via Francigena”, which was the main road that connected Rome to France. The estate was originally owned by a noble Florentine family who used it as a hunting lodge and it has stayed in the hands of noble families of Tuscany ever since. Today the 20 hectares of land, belonging to the estate, are planted with olive groves, vineyards, and fruit trees.
Villa del Poggio boasts a country decor throughout, with traditional wooden furniture. There is a large living room divided into two areas, a billiard room and a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and a fireplace. The rustic style kitchen has an informal dining space with a massive wood table. The ground floor also features a double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, suitable for guests with disabilities. There is a patio with tables and chairs, where guests can enjoy lunch or dinner al fresco.
The first floor is up a stone staircase of 18 steps where the other 8 bedrooms, spread out along a corridor, are located. The first floor also enjoys a reading room. Some of the rooms overlook the garden and the pool, while others overlook the hills and the surrounding countryside.
- Twin bedroom with an en-suite bath
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double room with an en-suite bathroom with shower
- Double room with an en-suite bathroom with shower box
- Single room with a French bed and a large en-suite Carrera marble bathroom with shower box
- Double bedroom with a white upholstered headboard and an en-suite bathroom with shower box
- Double bedroom with canopy bed and an-suite bath with shower box
- Twin bedroom with an en-suite bath with shower box
Large garden with lawn and pool area, reachable by a path of 12 steps down from the villa. The pool, located in a paved area of the garden, is equipped with umbrellas and sun beds allowing you the maximum comfort and relaxation while enjoying the peaceful setting of the estate. The pool area also enjoys a half bath and and a dressing room.
Access & Parking: Easy access by car and private parking on site.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Private pool (14×8 meters)
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE (STAFF SERVICE)
- Cleaning 6 days/week (excluding Sundays) between 10-1pm. Different hours can be arranged upon request.
- Linens are changed on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Additional changes on request, to be paid on site.
- Complimentary wine tour with tastings at a nearby winery
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE, ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES (TO BE PAID IN EUROS DIRECT ON THE PREMISES) AND AVAILABLE ON REQUEST, IF DESIRED
- City tax if required
- Gas for the kitchen and heating are not included in the rental rate. This will be calculated according to the fuel used to heat the house upon arrival and upon departure (if necessary). The gas also used to heat the water € 6.48 per unit)
- Weekly electricity consumption in excess of 450 Kwh is charged at 0.45 euro/kw
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at an extra charge; meals will be served according to staff hours
- Grocery Pre-stock
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST (ADVANCE NOTICE MAY BE REQUIRED)
Note: The following services can also be arranged, on request, if not already included in the cost of the rental. Additional services such as airport transfers, excursions, cooking classes, guided tours, and the like can be arranged. Please enquire about the vast tour options we can suggest for your villa stay. Costs for additional services can be quoted based on the service requested.
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef / Cooking class